Monday, August 16, 2010

August Heat

So it's about halfway through August and it's been one heat wave after another. But my garden melons are lovin' it, and I'm anxiously awaiting their ripening.
Kid news: We've decided to homeschool Tristen this year. He's been asking to be homeschooled since last year let out, so we did a trial run for a couple weeks and he LOVED IT. Mainly because it was finally up to his math/science/reading levels. So, I'm jumping in with both feet and have read about 11 different "homeschooling how to" books to get a good feel from a number of different sources. Not to mention the web research. I don't mind the "work" at all. It has, in fact, rekindled some personal interest in all subjects. I use to LOVE doing math problems in HS, and learning different aspects in the science field . . . can't wait!
Rowan is saying some funny things as of late--course i can't think of any of them as I type, that would be too easy. But we seem to have a good laugh almost daily. She's doing really well with her reading and can now read about 20-25 words. Can't wait til that "click" happens in her brain and she starts learning words at a fast rate. Will be interesting to observe.
"Shelf" has gotten a bit less active--running out of room I suppose. I've been trying to drink green juice with cucumber daily, to help with stretching and hopefully "unstretching" after the birth. I'm not due until mid September, but am hoping s/he will arrive early as Daddy is big, and Rowan weighed 10.1. Fine for the hospital, but at home I'm aiming for a bit smaller, so the sooner after 38 weeks, the better. I still haven't gained much weight wise--about 3 pounds total--but I measured my bust, hips, theighs, etc. and have lost a few inches, around 6 or so. Interesting. And if there's anyone else who reads this blog that had a raw or mostly raw pregnancy, I'd love to hear about your weight gain etc. and how baby turned out.
Any hoo, here's to a quick and fairly painless labor and a happy, healthy babe! (holding up a cup of cuke-celery-apple-ginger juice)
~~~Sharilyn

No comments: