Thursday, January 8, 2009

Carrot Juice Buzzzz

Well I did it again. I drank carrot juice in the p.m. and it is now 3AM Friday morning and I’m still an energizer bunny. I couldn’t help myself, I was just seriously craving carrot juice! I thought I was gonna hit the sack earlier when I was talking with my mom, but after getting off the phone and remembering to water the plants, getting sidetracked by the new newspaper (we don’t have television, so it’s one of my few links to the outside world and I can get anxious to read it), and researching some herbal preparations in the book I just got at the library tonight, I wound myself up again. Hopefully I’ll manage a few ZZZZs before the sun comes up, or rather, before the kids get up.

Tristen and Rich came up with a fantastic (so I hear) dressing today. I listed the ingredients below. I never would have thought to put carob on a salad. Cinnamon either. Just goes to show how un-conformed children are to the “norm.”

Today Tristen ate:
oatmeal with honey
carob sesame milk
½ avocado
banana
raw chocolate cupcake with coconut icing
salad-cukes, carrots, romaine with, get this, ACV-EVOO-honey-orange juice-carob dressing
raw chocolate ice cream

Ro-Ro ate:
oatmeal with honey
banana sesame seed milk
another ½ bowl of oatmeal
carrots and sweet potatoes
carrot-cucumber juice
freshly shelled walnuts and almonds

~~~Sharilyn, Tristen, and Rowan

No comments: