Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Grew My Own Pineapple!!!



Wow, after only two long years I finally picked and ate my very own home-grown in the northern midwest pineapple! I must say, it was so much sweeter and "ripe" tasting than even the best chosen from the store. I saved the top that I twisted off, let it air dry for 4-5 days, and it's now starting to grow roots in a glass of water on the windowsill over the sink. My original post of how to fruit a pineapple is linked on the sidebar, or you can click here:
Here's the fully ripe fruit just before I picked it. I had moved the pot outside for a part of the summer and it had tipped during a big storm. Me being me didn't notice for a few days while it started to grow a bit crooked. But then, don't we all grow a bit crooked? ;o}
Two years is definately a labor of love for an indoor pineapple plant, but it was fun and worth it IMHO. What to try next? Anyone have suggestions? Leave a comment, I'd love to hear!
~Sharilyn

2 comments:

Rose Goddess said...

Wow!! That is so cool! It looks delicious too. hmmmm... maybe you could get some indoor citrus trees. We just picked a grapefruit from ours and it was super yummy!

Rowan said...

Thanks RG, I've looked into it a little bit. Maybe a small lemon. I'd really like to try avocado . . . ☺