Monday, February 9, 2009

Tristen’s Birthday!!!


Well, my baby boy turned 8 yesterday. Hard to believe it’s been that long since I was huffing and puffing him out for 4 ½ hours. 28 ½ hours of labor total, plus the 4 days of serious recovery time! Certainly worth it if you ask me, though if we do decide to have another baby, I hope a raw diet will lead to a much shorter labor and delivery!

Tristen had his slumber party, though only one other boy could spend the night. Chatter chatter until 11 P.M. The boys made pizza for dinner, as requested by Tris. It was fun watching them mold their own dough. Turtle cheesecake for a b-day cake. Not raw, but that’s O.K. Unfortunately come Monday morning, Tristen wasn’t feeling so great and stayed home in bed. He got lots of fresh veggie and fruit juices, and started doing much better. I’m repeatedly amazed at how healing juices are. Time and again they’ve done the trick when an illness was coming on. Having Tristen get sick after eating dairy, meat, and bread, and then get better eating raw certainly helped reinforce the notion that dairy, meat, and bread aren’t good for you!! For him as well as for me. Now that’s a great gift!

I’m hoping to be able to upload some photos of the party this week as last week’s wouldn’t configure. We shall see. I think I either have a bug in my software or this new memory stick is not such a great item.

So here’s a little bit of wonderful that I want to share about Tristen:

He’s kind to others.
He’s so empathetic—such an amazing trait in such a young person.
He is extremely helpful, and always lends a hand if I ask without so much as an “in a minute.”
He’s honest, and tells me things that he did that maybe he shouldn’t have, even though he knows he’ll probably get in trouble.
He’s so creative!!!!!
He’s loving, often being the first to say, “I love you.”
He’s the most intelligent boy of 8 I know—it will take him far in life.
He loves to climb, and misses the little red maple he used to shimmy up and sit in for hours at our old apartment.
He’s the most caring of big brothers. Ro-Ro talks about him every day and can’t wait for him to play with her.
He’s the reason that I know what unconditional love is. (That’s the big one for me.)
He’s the beautiful blond in my life (lord knows where the hair color came from) that I would do anything for.
He believes in himself, and encourages others to reach their goals too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRISTEN, AND MANY MANY MANY MORE HAPPYS TO COME!!!

~Sharilyn





No comments: